|I was born in Israel and in 2002 graduated from Szaint Istvan University with a degree in Veterinary Medicine. I returned to Israel to become a partner in a small animal veterinary hospital in Haifa, where I completed five years of intensive clinical practice devoted mostly to trauma surgery and orthopedics. I recently graduated from residency training in Dentistry and Oral Surgery, at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, University of California, Davis. In the summer of 2010, I joined Dr.Athanasiou’s lab as a post-doc fellow, working on bioengineered fibrocartilage spectrums and their surgical applications. I also maintain a clinical appointment as a staff veterinarian at the Dentistry and Oral Surgery Service at the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital.
• Arzi B, Murphy B, Baumgarth N, Vapniarsky N, Nemec A, Naydan DK, Cox DP, Verstraete FJM. Analysis of Immune Cells within the Healthy Oral Mucosa of Specific Pathogen-Free Cats. Anatomia Histologia Embryologia, 2010.
• Arzi B, Verstraete FJ. Mandibular rim excision in seven dogs. Vet Surg 2010;39(2):226-231.
• Arzi B, Murphy B, Cox DP, Vapniarsky N, Kass PH, Verstraete FJ. Presence and quantification of mast cells in the gingiva of cats with tooth resorption, periodontitis and chronic stomatitis. Arch Oral Biol 2010;55:148-154.
• Arzi B, Anderson JG, Verstraete FJ. Oral manifestation of systemic disorders in dogs and cats. J Vet Clin Stud 2008;1(4):112-24.
• Ben-Ziony Y, Arzi B. Use of lufenuron for treating fungal infections of dogs and cats: 297 cases (1997-1999). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2000;217(10):1510-3.
Short clinical items:
• Arzi B, Sinclair KM. Diagnostic imaging in veterinary dental practice. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010;236(4):405-407.
• Fiani N, Arzi B. Diagnostic imaging in veterinary dental practice. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010;236(1):41-3.
• Fiani N, Arzi B. Diagnostic imaging in veterinary dental practice. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2009;235:271-273
• Arzi B, Fiani N. Diagnostic imaging in veterinary dental practice. Permeative bone loss in a Himalayan cat. J Am Vet Med Assoc 2009;235(10):1149-51.
Accepted for publication:
• Arzi B, Verstraete FJ. Repair of a bifid nose combined with a cleft of the primary palate in 1-year-old dog. Vet Surg 2011.
• Arzi B, Murphy B, Nemec A, Vapniarsky N., Naydan DK., Verstraete FJM. Expression of Cytokeratins in the Epithelium of Canine Odontogenic Tumors. J Comp Path 2011
• Fiani N, Arzi B, Johnson E, Murphy B, Verstraete FJ. Osteoma of the maxillofacial region in cats: 7 cases (1999-2009). J Am Vet Med Assoc 2010.
• Verstraete FJM, Arzi B, Bezuidenhout AJ. Surgical Approaches for Mandibular and Maxilofacial Trauma Repair. In Verstraete FJM, Lommer MJ: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Dogs and Cats. Elsevier, Accepted for publication.
• Arzi B, Verstraete FJM. Clinical Staging and Biopsy of Maxillofacial Tumors. In Verstraete FJM, Lommer MJ: Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Dogs and Cats. Elsevier, Accepted for publication.